Fried Egg with Bacon and Tomatoes on a Cast Iron Pan
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat and add the bacon slices. Cook until crispy. Remove bacon and set
- In the same pan, add the olive oil. Once hot, carefully crack the eggs into the pan and cook until the whites
are set but the yolks are still runny.
- While the eggs are cooking, season them with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and set aside.
- Add the tomato slices to the pan and cook for a minute or two on each side until they are slightly softened.
- Once the tomato slices are cooked, remove them from the pan.
- Place the cooked bacon, fried eggs, and tomato slices on a plate and serve immediately.
If you prefer your bacon less crispy, you can reduce the cooking time. Similarly, adjust the cooking time for the eggs based on your desired level of yolk runniness. If you like your tomatoes more cooked, you can leave them in the pan for a bit longer.